NSAD encourages students to experience the design community while in school. It is common for students to receive invitations from local practitioners to attend design reviews and exhibitions as well as benefit from networking opportunities through NSAD faculty and staff.
Tap your resources. The Career Services Department supports current students with:
- Resume and interview preparation
- Up-to-the-minute job board listings
- Outreach to local architecture firms and related companies
Get the most out of your career search. No doubt, the job search can be a bumpy ride, but the graduate is still in the driverís seat. NSADís placement policies and practices require students to:
- Give maximum effort in their job search and notify the school of any interviews or job offers.
- Notify NSAD of any change in status (address, phone number, etc.).
Be sure to submit the following information 60 days before graduation:
- Job location and travel distance preference, as well as any special skills.
- Employment Acceptance Form (when appropriate).
Also, it is vital to arrive on time to all interviews and appointments, presenting yourself in business-like dress and manner.