Online Master of Construction Management
As construction projects grow increasingly complex, so does the demand for specialized management-level personnel. NewSchool of Architecture and Designís (NSAD) Master of Construction Management program prepares you to thrive in this role and excel in various professions revolving around the built environment.
Along with basic instruction around all segments of the construction industry, NSADís online Master of Construction Management program places particular emphasis on developing your skills as a business manager prepared for the construction tradeís current and future challenges.
The flexibility of our online program allows you to choose the schedule that works best for you. You can attend part time or full time and continue working while you pursue a graduate degree. Additionally, if you completed a first professional architecture degree, and you are currently completing IDP hours, the online MCM program is an approved advanced-degree program through NCARB and completing our program can help you earn up to 930 elective hours towards the IDP requirement.
Construction management instructors and courses focus on the integration of sophisticated construction technology with management, business planning, and professional ethics. You can especially benefit from NSADís strong focus on sustainable design, integrated project delivery, and practice-oriented learning.
Online Construction Management Program Features
- Part time and full time schedules are available to fit your needs. Take one course at a time or finish in as little as one year*
- Participate in online classes on a weekly basis whenever itís convenient for you. The flow of online dialogue is preserved so you can follow and contribute to your classmatesí conversation as it unfolds and return to it as a reference.
- You will have the opportunity to network with faculty and classmates from across the United States and around the world.
- Develop the advanced planning, organization, integration, and execution skills needed for todayís commercial construction professional.
- Investigate construction management technologies, innovations, and processes.
- Evaluate the logistics underlying construction projects and devise strategies for managing these complexities.
- Develop the financial, managerial, and cognitive acumen of a construction industry leader.
- Understand how the legal, economic, and social relationships among the architect, the building trades, and the regulatory environment inform construction management.
- Analyze how issues of cost, safety, and design have an impact on implementation.
- Apply globally sensitive and sustainability-minded perspectives to construction management knowledge.
* Please note that completion of the Master of Construction Management in one year is dependent upon individual progress within the program, including number of courses taken per quarter.