Legal + Consumer Information
For NewSchool of Architecture and Design’s consumer information related to academics, university policy, financial aid, and more, please click here.
For program data information, including completion rates, program costs, and occupation types, please click here.
NSAD does not collect personally identifiable information about you when you visit our website. However, NSAD does collect anonymous, non–personally identifiable information about how you use our website and your interest in our products and services. We collect this anonymous information through first-party pixel tags together with third-party pixel tags, which are small graphic images that allow us to monitor the use of our website, to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone's past visits to our website. This anonymous information is used to deliver banner advertisements to you about our products and services as you browse the Internet through third-party vendors including Google. We use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. You can opt out of can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Preferences Manager. If you do not wish NSAD to collect this anonymous information, you may opt out by clicking here. Opting out will not affect your use of the NSAD website.
Politica de Privacidad
NSAD no recolecta información suya identificada como personal cuando visita nuestro sitio de Internet. Sin embargo, NSAD sí recopila información anónima, libre de ser identificable como proveniente de un individuo en particular, sobre sus hábitos de uso de nuestro sitio en Internet y sobre su interés en nuestros productos y servicios. Recopilamos esta información anónima a través de anuncios, los cuales son pequeñas imágenes graficas que nos permiten monitorear el uso de nuestro sitio en Internet. Esta información anónima es utilizada para el envío subsiguiente de anuncios electrónicos acerca de nuestros productos y servicios mientras usted usa el Internet.
NSAD maintains comprehensive written procedures for its employees who interact with students and prospective students by telephone. NSAD employees are trained to use these procedures and record the do-not-call requests of consumers who no longer wish to receive telephone solicitation calls from NSAD. NSAD takes appropriate administrative actions against employees who violate company policy. NSAD also requires any third parties that assist with NSAD’s calling campaigns to follow company policy and applicable laws.
Any consumer can prohibit NSAD from calling by asking to be put on NSAD’s DNC list. A consumer’s do-not-call request will be recorded in our database within the legally mandated time frames. Federal regulations require NSAD to honor DNC requests within 30 days. DNC requests may be placed by sending an electronic mail notification to email@example.com. Please include your full name, address, and telephone number to ensure proper recording of your request.
Office of General Counsel
NSAD and its affiliates collect email addresses from online information request forms, returned business reply cards, application forms, and other sources. We use this information to contact students and prospective students about our schools and programs and for promotional purposes strictly related to the products and services of NSAD and its affiliates. We will never disguise the origin of our messages. When you receive messages from NSAD, you will be able to identify NSAD or one of its affiliates as the sender.
Each promotional message that we send will contain either a functioning email address or Internet-based mechanism that you can use to opt-out of receiving future promotional messages from NSAD or the NSAD affiliate from which the email came. In addition, you may submit an opt-out request by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and providing the email address that you would like to remove from our marketing database. Please include your full name, address and telephone number to ensure proper recording of your request. We will process your opt-out request within 10 business days. If you would like to resume receiving promotional messages from us or our affiliates after you have made an opt-out request, you must provide us with your express consent to receive such messages. Please note that an opt-out request made to one institution may not constitute an opt-out request for all other institutions, so individual opt-out requests may be required for each affiliate.
At no time will we sell, share, or rent any email address that we have collected with third parties. We do not authorize the harvesting, mining or collection of email addresses or other information from or through our sites by third parties. For this reason, we will never publicly display your email address on our website or make it available through any other electronic means, except that student email addresses may be included in student directories.
Office of General Counsel
Trademarks, Copyright, and Disclaimers
Website Link Policy and Disclaimer
Warranty and Other Disclaimers
NSAD respects intellectual property rights, including rights in the copyrighted materials of the institution, its students, faculty, and third parties. NSAD has implemented a comprehensive policy to help protect those rights and to comply with United States Copyright Law and the U.S. Higher Education Act’s peer-to-peer file sharing provisions. Strict compliance with NSAD’s policies is required of all NSAD students and employees. NSAD’s policies are reviewed annually to determine their effectiveness.
Actions and Penalties for Copyright Infringement
NSAD, recognizing and respecting intellectual property rights, requires its employees, instructors, students, and other community members to use copyrighted materials in a lawful manner. NSAD’s Code of Conduct, as found in the NSAD’s Student Handbook (catalog.newschoolarch.edu/content.php?navoid=5461&catoid=43), presents NSAD’s copyright policy. Copyright infringement can result in applicants being rejected for admission and enrolled students and employees being dismissed.
Additionally, NSAD maintains a vigorous program of accepting and responding to Digital Millennium Copyright ACT (DMCA) notices, which are immediately escalated to NSAD’s legal team for investigation and action. If the materials in question are determined by the legal department to be infringing, the Information Technology department is notified and action is taken that can include either the removal of the infringing materials from NSAD’s network or the blocking of the infringer’s network access. The infringer is notified and reminded of NSAD’s Code of Conduct. Repeated violations can result in dismissal.
Legal Sources of Content
The Prize is not redeemable for cash.
To enter, go to the NewSchool of Architecture and Design website page located at http://www.newschoolarch.edu/1306.htm, enter your personal details, and submit the completed entry form.
Only one entry per person. Once you have entered using your email address, you will not be able to enter multiple times.
1. There will be five individual Prizes awarded at the end of the Promotion Period. The drawing will take place on Wednesday, August 14, 2013.
5. The Promoter reserves the right to extend, postpone or cancel the drawing and to modify these terms and conditions without notice.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to withhold the award of any Prize if the Promoter suspects that there has been a security breach within the application or any program used to conduct the drawing or an entrant has hacked or otherwise improperly accessed the application or website in order to win the Prize.
7. If you accept a Prize, you are responsible, at your own cost, for obtaining anything necessary to benefit from the Prize, including all applicable taxes related to accepting a Prize.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify you from the draw if the Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe that you have breached any of these terms and conditions or otherwise fail to meet the drawing criteria.
9 You agree that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. This drawing is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. To the extent permitted by law, you release and discharge Facebook from any and all liability for all risks, claims, or actions of any kind whatever and however occurring which may arise at any time from or in connection with this drawing.
10. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
11. You agree that, if you are a prize winner, your name and photograph may be used for publicity purposes in all media by the Promoter, without remuneration, and you agree to make yourself available for this purpose if requested.
12. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and any other person or party associated with this drawing shall not be liable to you in respect of any loss, damage or injury whatsoever (including, but not limited to, any direct, indirect, and/or consequential loss or damage), including personal injury suffered as a result of, or arising in connection with, the drawing or winning (or not winning) a Prize.
13. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the Entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this drawing, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this drawing including any interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries.
14. A prize winner may not designate someone else as the prize winner. If a prize winner is unable or unwilling to accept the Prize, the Promoter may award it to an alternate prize winner.
15. By entering the drawing you agree to receive further information regarding NewSchool of Architecture and Design about its products, services, and other offerings (including by electronic message, including email and text message) using the contact details provided by you.
16. The Promoter is committed to protecting your privacy. Please see our privacy and consumer information policies at http://www.newschoolarch.edu/legal_info.htm. The Promoter will collect and use your details for the purposes of running this drawing and in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Contact UsNewSchool of Architecture + Design
1249 F Street
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone: (800) 490-7081