From our NAAB accreditation to our multicultural urban location to our focus on sustainable design, NSAD is a one-of-a-kind place to study architecture, interior design, construction management, and digital media arts. We welcome students from around the world to join our community of innovation, passion, collaboration, and academic rigor.
International Student Requirements
To be eligible for I-20 (F-1 Visa) student status, international students must complete the appropriate graduate or undergraduate admission requirements, as well as provide the following:
Demonstrate English Proficiency. If English is not his/her native language, then the applicant must demonstrate proficiency in the English language and submit one of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 550 or above (paper-based), 213 or above (computer-based), or a score of 80 on the internet-based test
- Academic Modules of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – score of 6.0 overall or above for all students except 6.5 overall or above for M.Arch students
- Pearson Test of English with score of 53 or above
- University of Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) with a score of B or better
- Send a certified financial statement to verify sufficient United States dollars (USD) to cover tuition, fees, and living expenses for one academic year.
- $75 application fee.
- Certified translations of foreign transcripts in US equivalencies are required.
- Students currently attending a SEVIS-approved school in the United States requesting to transfer to NSAD are required to submit the Transfer of Schools form. The International Student Advisor/Primary Designated School Official (PDSO) from which the student is transferring must complete and fax the document to the NSAD registrar/PDSO. The form is available from the NSAD Admissions Office.
- Form I-20 (for an F-1 Visa) is issued after all admissions and financial arrangements are completed. Total tuition and fees are due upon registration. All F-1 students are required to enroll in and maintain 12 or more credits for three consecutive quarters. Failure to do so constitutes a violation of visa status and may result in deportation. NSAD provides processing for the F-1 visa status for international students who fulfill the international student admissions requirements for the i-20 application.
- Valid Passport
NSAD provides processing for the F-1 visa status for international students who fulfill the international student admissions requirements for the I-20 application.
International student processing includes:
- Determining eligibility
- Procedures for issuing the I-20 for initial attendance
- F-2 dependants
- F-1 transfer of schools
- Processing Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
- Optional Practical Training (OPT, post-completion)
- Change of level, extension of F-1 visa to complete a course of study
- Reinstatement of the F-1 Status
Total tuition and fees are due upon registration. Students will receive their I-20 after all admissions and financial arrangements are completed. All I-20 students are required to enroll in and maintain 12 or more credits for three consecutive quarters. Failure to do so constitutes a violation of Visa status and may result in deportation.
If you have any questions about the international application process please contact Stefania Costa at email@example.com or through Skype (stefaniaNSAD).