The following learning outcomes are specific to NewSchool of Architecture and Design and its programs. Additional information on these learning outcomes are available from the chair of that program.
Institutional Learning Outcomes
NSAD faculty have identified five overarching Institutional Learning Objectives (ILOs) that apply to students in all professional programs:
- Use critical thinking in the formation, analysis, and evaluation of ideas
- Demonstrate creativity in problem solving
- Demonstrate knowledge of diverse cultures and environments
- Communicate effectively through written, oral, and visual media
- Demonstrate professional and ethical practices
The ILOs are designed to be universal, learning oriented, measurable, and distinct. Interpretation of these ILOs allows our diversified programs to link to the institution and each other, while maintaining the character and academic rationale of the specific field.
Program Learning Outcomes